I wanted to give you a sneak peek into Emily's personal style. My friends with younger girls be warned. (I was warned). She has her OWN sense of style including headbands for everything. Don't you love the red headband with her purple/black outfit. She will still only wear skirts or dresses. I can get her into a shirt if it looks like a dress at the bottom (example above). She may have on a pink/white outfit and want to wear her witch shoes aka black shoes. She wore her black shoes with her witch costume at Halloween...so they are known as the witch shoes.
We took a trip to the USS Alabama battleship. Emily and I tried out the beds. We do not recommend!
We have been super busy in Florida. It seems like between work, Emily's speech therapy, and dance classes that I have little time for any thing else....not to mention the sad commute. BOO to commute.
Emily's speech is much better, but not like the majority of three year olds. She has mastered the f and g sound!!! Now, we are working on K, L, and R. Her speech therapist is also going to have Emily take a stuttering test. I have never really noticed Emily stuttering, but we will see. I still worry about her speech A LOT. I can't tell you how excited I was about Emily learning her letter sounds and writing her name. I really try not to compare Emily to any other child. But, it is hard when you hear these other three year olds having fluent conversations with their parents. So, I felt some serious pride when Emily was the first in her class to learn her letter sounds and write her name. She is still the only one in her class writing her name or knows her letter sounds. She can also read or recognize all the names of her school friends....sorry...I just had to brag. On a different note, it took Emily one year to learn to do a summer sault when other kids in her gymnastic class did it in about two weeks to a month.
My mom has moved in with us. I thought it would be a very stressful transition for us especially Jason. It has actually been very smooth, calm, and peaceful. My mom has had a very rough 10 years and is trying to get her life back on track. It is really nice to have her around and giving Emily the opportunity to really make a connection with her grandma. She still asks to go to Oklahoma to see Jason's parents.
School only has 3 more months!!! YEAH! I will be moving from kindergarten to first grade. I could not be more excited about summer and hitting the beach! This white girl hopes to get a tan.
Thanks for the update Missy! I miss hearing about you guys! I think John needs speech therapy too. We went for an evaluation 6 months ago and they said to wait and come back in 6 months. So we are due for another because I haven't seen much change.
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy to hear that Emily is doing well. I miss you guys so much!
ReplyDelete