Monday, 22 February 2010

The Potty

We have been talking, reading books, and watching videos all about using the potty forever now. We started before Emily turned two...needless to say she still has not used the potty. I know she will in her own time. Emily knows completely understands the concept of the potty and all that business. Lately, she has become more interested. Last night, she sat on the potty three times after bath. Of course, she mainly likes to wipe her bottom with toilet paper. By sitting on the potty...I mean she simply sat on it and did nothing else. After the third time, I followed Emily into her bedroom to put on her diaper and pajamas. I was seriously two second behind her, which was not fast enough. Emily had climbed onto her rocking chair and was in mid stream. I guess I should have been upset, but I was laughing too hard. I am glad that she did realize she needed to go potty, but just did it in the wrong spot.

Emily has sat on the potty like 20 times today. Hopefully, she will actually do something in the potty soon. I would love anyone's advice or tips on potty training. I am trying really hard not to compare Emily's potty training to other kids, but it is hard. I have to remember not to stick my tongue out at other parents telling me their child is potty trained and younger than Emily. ;)

3 comments:

  1. Missy if it makes you feel any better, John is no where near being potty trained... and I don't intend to really push it until he is around 2 and 3/4. i would love to be able to do the potty training boot camp where we just stay home for three days and he is naked from the waist down and we just do it. I think that would be the most peaceful, easy way to do it. Just my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missy - Get the book Potty Training in Less than a Day. It is an older book from the 70s. It doesn't work in less than a day. But I did it with Cara and she was trained - no accidents after 3 or 4 days. The same with some other friends who recommended it. I still left her in pullups for many months. I didn't do that book with Syd b/c she was already pottying without it. So I thought Yeah...but not really it was a solid year before she truly was. So I definately recommend the book. It came recommended to me and haven't heard anyone who has not had success with it! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. meant to say I left her in pullups for many months at night...not during the day...panties all the way once I started training.

    ReplyDelete