Saturday, 6 March 2010

Moving Slow

We had big plans tonight of celebrate our anniversary at one of our favorite restaurants. Miss Emily was coming along to celebrating the start of our family as well. Yesterday, I was so excited to host our neighborhood happy hour at our house. While putting away some pots, I dropped a glass measuring cup on my toe. It hurt so stinking bad. I couldn't figure out why it hurt so bad (brought tears to my eyes hurt) until 30 minutes later when my toenails was black and blue along with a swollen foot. Don't worry...I was able to persevere through happy hour though. My toe was throbbing the whole time. Afterwards, I quickly put up my foot and iced it down. Jason slept in the spare bedroom b/c he was so afraid he would touch my toe, and that I might knock him out. Today, I am walking like an injured person...so our celebration is put on hold. I am pretty sure my toenail will fall off, which makes me a little depressed. I am going to be in flip-flop and sandal territory in three months. Maybe, I can put a fake nail on it. ;)

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your foot...eek! That sounds painful. But, on the upside, can you please, PLEASE send me a pic if you decide to do the fake nail thing (and I definitely think you should...heehee), because that would be classic!! It would rank right up there w/ Kelly getting a harness and leash for her cat :) Love you, Kelly! Seriously though, I hope it doesn't hurt for too long...glad to hear you were able to muddle through happy hour!! Ha!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was the glass measuring cup a gallon one? That is crazy! I'm going to hold mine with two hands from now on.
    I hope your party went well...I wish I was there!

    ReplyDelete