If you have been checking Facebook, then you know that Emily has been having problems with daycare. She cries when I mention "school" to her, when we pull up to the building, and when we drop her off in the room. It has been getting gradually better, but it totally ripes my heart out each time. In her classroom, she has only two other girls (tom-boys at that). There are 12-15 boys in her class. Emily is by NO MEANS a tom-boy...at all. She loves dresses, necklaces, painted fingernails, baby dolls, and anything girlie. At first the daycare seemed pretty good, but then Jason and I started to have our doubts. There seemed to be hardly any toys in the room, which seemed crazy with so many two-year-olds. It seems more like a child factory then welcoming/loving place for kids.
When, we first moved here I wanted to put her in a smaller daycare that is about a 45 minute drive from our house. I LOVED it. Everyone was super nice and all the kids seemed to get a lot of attention. The class only has ten students compared to the 22 now. Yes, I said 22! I just hated the idea of the drive.
Well after a couple of weeks of crying (this daycare thing has been super emotional for both me and Emily...poor Jason). I have enrolled her in the daycare that I loved. I know that Emily will love it. I am super excited that she is going, and I am just going to suck up the drive. The daycare is only about 10 minutes from my work, so I just plan on picking her up at around 3:45 and going back to the school if I need to finish anything. Emily loves my classroom so far. I feel 100% better.
I plan on posting some pictures of my classroom once it is all finished and the house too! We are painting Emily's bedroom purple this weekend. I can't tell you how excited I am about school starting! I can't wait for all those cute faces to come through the door.
Cakes cakes cakes
16 years ago
Awww, that's just sad! I'm so glad that you went with your heart, and decided to do the other daycare :) The drive doesn't sound so awesome, but I'm sure the better atmosphere for Em, less worrying for you, and 2 happy girls for Jason will more than make up for it! Teehee! I pray that it will be an easy transition for you guys, and a happy place for sweet Miss Emily. Can't WAIT to see pics of your new room! My mom taught 4th grade, and her room was always absolutely precious...who says it's just for the little kids?! Ha! Oh, I'm so excited for this new adventure for you, I can just hear the excitement in your voice :)
ReplyDelete