***Warning: Long Post***
We are finally getting settled in Florida. We have moved into our house, received our household goods, and Emily has started daycare. We pick up our second car tonight...HOORAY! We really love our house and everything about it. We plan on painting Emily's gray room purple soon. One weird thing about our neighborhood is that no one has sidewalks...really?!? That seems so odd to me. Luckily, we live in a culd-de-sac (sp?) so Emily can ride her tricycle.
Jason and I totally felt slapped in the face with the heat. I am so thankful to have sunshine, but the heat can be overwhelming. Is it much to ask for beautiful skies, sunshine, and 80 degree weather all the time. ;) The area is fantastic! There are so many shops and things to do. So many choices compared to the base. We have gone to the beach two times and have not seen any oil. YEAH! We hope to go again this weekend.
Jason is getting adjust to his new job. His responsibility has increased big time. He is in charge of about 450 people right now. In England, it was about 100. Needless to say, he is a little overwhelmed. I know that he will do great though.
If you have been checking FB, then you know Emily is having a hard time adjusting to daycare. Well, so am I. Today was 1,000 times better. We have just been saying lots of words of encouragement, telling her it is okay to be sad, mommy and daddy love her, and so on. They say it takes about 4-6 weeks for a new child to adjust. The only thing I don't like is that her classroom has all boys except one other girl. If you know Emily, then you know that she is the girliest of girly-girls. She likes boys okay (really she is only fond of two boys Colin and Jett), but she LOVES girls. Girls of all ages. Boys are loud, roar all the time, and move really fast. Emily likes more quiet activities and attention. So, she will start having to like boys more.
My school is awesome so far. All the kindergarten teachers are super nice and fun. I can already tell that we will all get along great. They are really helpful. The school painted my classroom a pretty sky blue, and I get $1,000 to start up my classroom. The $1,000 is HUGE. It is a charter school located in an old Wal-Mart building. Funny, huh? Once you walk inside, it looks awesome and you never think Wal-Mart. I am so excited about going back to work but nervous and stressed at the same time. Not to mention, I finish my four last courses for my Master's starting mid August. I will have to become a pro at time management skills.
Well, I will post again soon with some fun pictures. Hope you all come to visit in FL!
Missy
Cakes cakes cakes
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment