Saturday, 25 September 2010

Busy Bee

We are still going about 100 mph here in Florida. School is going a 1,000 better. I am so glad. I have heard from tons of teachers over the years that sometimes you have classes more challenging than others. I think this is my year. However, it keeps getting better each day.

Emily went to a base pediatrician to receive a referral for speech. Jason was less than impressed by the doctor. He did even try to talk to Emily...weird?!?!? The doctor basically said Emily's development was moving along fine. Her content is good, but her clarity is the issue. He didn't think that she needed a speech referral...odd considering he didn't even attempt to talk to her. He told Jason that he could write a referral if it made us feel better. So, Jason said yes. We got the referral today in the mail. So, we are excited to set something up for her soon. I know that it will help her big time. Emily's speech has been improving greatly since moving to FL. She is finally calling herself Emily now instead of baby. Yes, she has called herself baby for over a year now. Honestly, it was super cute. But, deep down I was afraid she would be calling herself baby forever. Emily is making lots of friends at school and still enjoys going. They are having a special program this month, which I am so excited to see.

Emily is now all into fashion. She only wants to wear dresses even at night. Yesterday, I made her wear shorts and a Barbie shirt which caused a meltdown and timeout before 7:00am. She also likes picking out her own shoes and hair accessories. So, I think this fall and winter Emily will be wearing dresses and tights.

1 comment:

  1. Um, totally noticed you had a blog today from Kelly's blog and I just HAD to comment on this since it is about Emily and fashion... I LOVE IT! Get her some cute leggings to wear with her dresses and if weather permits a cute pair of boots... I always buy dresses, leggings and boots for my niece for winter time and it is beyond cute on her!! Target has a great selection for girls :)

    ReplyDelete